K-8 Summer School
Frequently Asked Questions
In the interest of safety and health for our students and staff, we will not hold in-person summer school this year. Unfortunately, this includes our morning summer school sessions, afternoon camps and Camp FUNtastic. Adventure Club will also be closed during the summer school session.
Based on guidance from our local and state officials, it is still too early to take this risk. As we previously shared, if we have one case of illness in a school, we would need to close that school for up to a week each time we experience a case. If we open schools for only a few weeks to provide summer activities in June, we risk the health of our community and cannot guarantee that we can remain open for those few weeks.
We recognize summer opportunities are exciting experiences for our students and can also provide child care support for our families in the summer. Our summer programs for elementary and middle school are designed as enrichment experiences. Many of these courses are hands-on, experiential learning opportunities that are difficult to provide in an online format.
We want to offer as many opportunities as we can for students to continue learning and growing this summer.
- We will provide free online enrichment resources for all students in grades K-8.
- We will continue to offer reading and math intervention courses this summer, for students who qualify, in an online format taught by Parkway teachers. Students who qualify are aware and have already been enrolled in these summer courses.
Where can I access the free online enrichment resources for my child?
We are currently working on compiling these resources for your family. They will be posted to the Parkway Summer School website no later than May 31.
If my child qualified for reading or math remediation, what do I need to do?
No action is needed on your part. Your child will be automatically enrolled in these courses and their schedule will be shared with you prior to June 1.
My child no longer wants to participate in remedial courses in summer school. How do I cancel his/her enrollment?
Please email email@example.com and provide your child's name and summer site where your child is registered. You may also call 314-415-8075 and select the site where your child is registered. You can leave a message indicating your request to drop summer classes.
My child did not qualify for reading or math remediation. Can I enroll them in these courses?
Unfortunately, students who do not meet the established criteria for these courses are unable to enroll in the course.
How does my child access his/her courses in Schoology?
To access your course with a Chromebook or computer,
- Visit schoology.parkwayschools.net.
- Enter your @parkwayschools.net email address.
- Click "Next."
- Enter your Google password.
- Click "Allow on Schoology Integration Page."
- Click on the “Courses” menu to see a list of your assigned course
- Click on a course to open it and find classroom materials. Learning resources and activities will be available in the center column of the page.
- Your teacher will share specific information about how to access the materials and activities needed for your class. This could include external tools like Google Classroom, Flipgrid or other digital tools.
To access your course with a personal device:
- Using the Chrome browser, go to www.google.com and click "Sign in" in the upper right hand corner
- Enter your Parkway Google email and password
- Go to Schoology at schoology.parkwayschools.net
- Click on the "SSO Login" link on the login page
- Search for "Parkway School District"
- Choose your Parkway Google account from the list
- Click on the “Courses” menu to see a list of your assigned course
- Click on a course to open it and find classroom materials. Learning resources and activities will be available in the center column of the page
- Your teacher will share specific information about how to access the materials and activities needed for your class. This could include external tools like Clever, Google Classroom, Flipgrid or other digital tools.
Courses will be available in Schoology by June 1, 2020.
Students who are new enrollees for summer school should have received email addresses and login credentials via email. If this is not the case, please contact the Parkway Technology Help Desk at 314-415-8181.
How do I access my child's Schoology account?
Parents can continue to use Schoology to access their student’s content. If you are a new enrollee for summer, parents will receive a separate email containing your Schoology login information.
What are the course dates?
Summer virtual classes will run from June 1-June 19. Students must log-in to their course(s) during the first 3 days of summer school (June 1-3). Students who have not logged in by the end of the day on June 3 will be automatically dropped from the course. Students cannot be re-enrolled in the course if this occurs.
What is the course time commitment?
Students will have multiple opportunities for face-to-face instruction throughout each week and will have approximately 45 minutes of independent work and practice each day through Google Meet. A majority of this time will be small group/individual instruction. This instruction will take place between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Your child’s teacher will contact you prior to Monday, June 1st with specific times for when he or she will be meeting with your child’s class, a small group including your child, or individually with your child.
What are the technology requirements for the online summer courses?
Students will need access to a device with a microphone and WIFI in order to successfully complete their coursework. Students will be allowed to keep their Chromebooks through July 2. If you have questions regarding technology devices or access, please contact the Parkway Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-415-8181. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30 p.m.
My child is signed up for Afternoon Camps. What is the process for refunding my money?
The Office of Choice Programs will begin issuing full refunds for all campers. If you have a specific question regarding summer camp fees, please contact Liza Bangert at email@example.com.
My child is signed up for Camp FUNtastic in July. Are these programs taking place?
At this time, we are planning on all camps to remain canceled through June 30. At this time the July session of Camp FUNtastic is anticipated to take place as scheduled and will begin the week of July 6.
We registered for all 9 weeks of Camp FUNtastic so we would receive a $100 discount. How does that work since June camps are canceled?
Your child will remain scheduled in the 9-week session; however, you will receive a refund for the month of June, as well as a partial refund for July 1-3. Due to the June cancelation, families who signed up for the 9-week option will receive a $50 discount.
How do we cancel our Camp FUNtastic enrollments for the month of July if we no longer wish to send our child?
Please contact Liza Bangert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My child qualified for Extended School Year (ESY) through Special School District of St. Louis County (SSD). Will this program still take place?
Families with students who qualify for ESY will receive communications regarding summer programming directly from SSD.