Parkway Preschool provides children with a quality preschool experience in a safe and nurturing environment and provides developmentally appropriate experiences for children in academic and social experiences.
In the preschool classroom, the learning environment is the curriculum foundation. Classrooms are divided into well defined learning areas which encourage exploration, work, and active learning through individual, small group, and large group activities. Learning centers include dramatic play, art, music, creative expression, construction, science, reading/language, writing/literacy and sensory exploration.
Children are a part of the planning process making suggestions for themes and topics to investigate.
- Provide meaningful developmentally appropriate learning experiences that are based on the individual developmental needs of each child.
- Help children value and respect themselves and others.
- Stimulate creativity and self-expression.
- Promote language and literacy skills.
- Stimulate cognitive development.
- Promote health, physical growth, and motor development.
- Encourage self-discipline.
- Help children become accepting, caring individuals and develop supportive and helpful classroom relationships.