"REMIND" TEXT MESSAGING
"Remind" is the class texting system we use to send messages to parents. It is a one-way system where all personal information remains completely confidential. Since it is a one-way system, it does not allow you to respond to the message. We strongly encourage all families to sign up for these messages.
- Red Class (Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings): text @missheym to 81010
- Blue Class (Tuesday, Thursday mornings): text @missheyma to 81010
- Green Class (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday afternoons): text @missheyman to 81010
ENTERING THE PRESCHOOL
The door leading to the classrooms is locked. A pass card will be given to each family enrolled in preschool. Upon showing the pass to the receptionist, the door will be unlocked.
CLASS BLOG: blog.seesaw.me/parkwaypreschool
We use a class blog as a way to share our classroom experiences with you. Parkway Preschool follows the Project Construct Curriculum. We hope this blog will help you better understand this play-based curriculum and feel more connected to your child's learning. The blog is a secure site and is password protected. Only parents in our classes who have the password will be able to view the photos. If you indicate on your preschool registration form that you do not want your child's photos posted online, he/she will not be included in any of the photos. In order to respect the privacy of our children, we ask that you do not post photos including other children to social media.
The children bring a healthy snack and water bottle to school in a lunch box. Please write your child's name on the lunch box.
Children in our classes have life-threatening allergies to peanuts, tree nuts, and dairy. In order to keep everyone safe, we ask that all children wash their hands before coming into the classroom.
MORNING CLASSES: DO NOT BRING SNACKS CONTAINING PEANUTS, TREE NUTS, OR DAIRY
AFTERNOON CLASSES: DO NOT BRING SNACKS CONTAINING PEANUTS OR TREE NUTS
CLOTHING AND SHOES
- Please dress your child in casual, comfortable, inexpensive clothing which will allow for messy explorations. The clothing should be free of complicated fastenings, allowing your child to use the bathroom independently.
- We ask that a change of clothing be put in a zipper-type bag and left in your child's cubby. It is important to remember to replace that extra set of clothing as the seasons change.
- Active outdoor play is part of the daily experience. Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are the safest shoes for preschool.
- We ask that the children go to the bathroom and wash their hands before coming into the classroom.
- If your child has a fever, his/her temperature must be normal for 24 hours before returning to school. The 24 hour rule also applies to vomiting and diarrhea.
The Parkway School District is no longer allowing children to bring food items to share with the class. As a way to celebrate birthdays, we invite the children to bring a favorite book for us to read to the class. Children with summer birthdays may share a book on their half-birthday.
Every child has a cubby for a coat, backpack, and change of clothing. Please check the cubby every day for papers that are being sent home.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Students from Parkway North High School visit our classroom as part of their Child Development Class. They participate in activities with the morning classes.