Tri M Music Honor Society
Tri-M is the international honor society for music students in senior high schools. It is a program of the Music Educator's NationalConference. MENC is an association of over 63,000 music educationprofessionals, who realize the importance of motivating students andrecognizing music achievements.Selection of students of membership is based strictly on merit. Basicrequirements for membership are ability and scholarship in both music andacademic subjects, cooperation with teachers and fellow students,leadership and service.A member of the Tri - M Music Society is one who sets a goodexample, is always willing to assist those students who are striving tobetter themselves in the music department, and is always one whoremembers that real honor brings responsibility.Students must fill out and turn in the Tri M Honor SocietyApplication by March 1, 2010 in order to be considered for acceptance intothe society. New members or returning members must pay annual dues toMrs. Unash in the bookstore before spring break.. New members will beposted on March 8 and will be inducted on at the Joint Honor SocietyInduction. All members will be honored again at the Music Banquet inMay. Senior members will wear a pink cap tassel at graduation in honor oftheir music achievements.
Tri M Honors Music Society ApplicationThis application must be received byMrs. Crock in the music office by Monday, March 1st in order to be considered for Tri M Honors Society.
Instrument or Voice Type_____________________________
Grade________________ Years in Central Music Program___________
PCHS Career GPA ___________
1. List all music classes taken and grades received.
2. Name any music leadership positions you have held or leadership contributions youhave made to the department.
3. List other music ensembles or organizations outside of PCHS & years involved.(All Suburban, All State, St. Louis Children's Choir, SMS Wind Ensemble etc.)
4. List other PCHS music ensemble which you are involved in.
5. List music honors. (Solo & Ensemble, Competitions, All State or Suburban, etc.)
6. List any music service to the community.
7. List extra curricular activities
8. List private lessons taken and number of years and name of teachers.
9. Other information which would indicate you are an honors music student.
10. Write a short paragraph as to why you consider yourself to be an honorable musicstudent. You should not discuss your level of performing excellence or awardsreceived.