WHO ARE WE?Project Help is the student-led service group at Central High that began 20+ years ago. Students learn to give their time in service while also developing valuable leadership skills. Our mission is: "to support humanitarian causes through volunteer service. We strive to provide support and outreach to the disadvantaged and needy in the local, national, and international communities" (revised Dec 2010).WHEN DO WE MEET?Project Help meets weekly. Service projects vary each week, but may include: writing cards to veterans, making blankets for the elderly and hospice patients, cleaning up the courtyard, painting banners for upcoming events, sorting donated items, preparing for school ribbon drives, and much more!HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?Just attend our meetings and/or events! No matter what your GPA, grade-level, or other clubs, we always welcome members to join us for service events when they can. Simply sign up for some of our service events or attend a Wednesday afternoon service session. Those wanting to run join the executive board, must have logged at least 10 hours at Project Help sponsored events.
Past Service Opportunities:
- Sign up for our email list here to get notifications about volunteering in St. Louis.
- Click here to check your hours.
Officers for 2021-2022Katie Tien, PresidentZhenni Zang, Vice-PresidentGaaya Binoj, SecretaryLily Pilz, Public RelationsExec Leaders:Sponsors: Ms. Kelly NorthcottEmail: Knorthcott@parkwayschools.netVolunteer Spotlight
- Beautication Day at PCHS.
All clubs and societies are invited to help care for the school by mulching, picking up trash, planting flowers, etc. Each group will be assigned an area to work, and requests for specific areas are certainly welcome!
- BJC Hospice Card & Blanket-Making
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIESINFO ALSO POSTED ON THE PROJECT HELP BOARD NEXT TO THE SCHOOL STORE(please note: these are outside of school and may not be sponsored by PCHS)
- Animal Protective Association: http://www.apamo.org/Volunteer_39758.aspx
- Ferguson Youth Tutoring:http://www.fergusonyouthtutors.org/
- A group of PCHS students started offering free tutoring at the Ferguson Municipal Public Library in January 2015. Tutors are needed on Tuesdays 3:30-5:30pm and Thursdays from 3:30-7:30pm, as well as Saturdays from 11:00am-1:00pm. Volunteers who want to be tutors can sign up here each week. The first informational meeting is already happened but see Ms. Lyons in the library with questions.
- Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition: http://www.foster-adopt.org/for-donors-volunteers/volunteer-opportunities/
- Friends of Kids With Cancer: https://www.friendsofkids.com/volunteer.html
- Ready Readers: http://www.readyreaders.org/volunteer/
- Many PCHS students volunteer with Ready Readers, a local organization in St. Louis. Volunteers read to pre-schoolers from low-income communities once a week. Students must attend a Ready Readers training session in order to work with this organization. For more information about this local non-profit, please visit their website.
- Rockin' 4 Relief (November 2, 2019 in St. Louis): http://www.rockin4relief.com/donate-time
- TASK (Team Activities for Special Kids): http://volunteertask.wix.com/home