Food Safety at School
The health and wellbeing of our students and staff is always our top priority. Parkway is committed to providing grab-and-go meals to the community during the school year.
In an effort to distribute food to our students as safely as possible, Parkway Food Service is making the following changes to the meal service include:
- Wrapped fork, spoon and napkin kits
- Proportioned condiments or bottles will be provided to adults supervising the cafeteria
- Food will be individually wrapped or the lunch tray will be wrapped
- A la carte purchases will be discontinued at the Elementary school level until further notice: The exception is juice or milk for meals brought from home.
- Use of share baskets will be discontinued until further notice
- Use of open salad bars will be discontinued until further notice. Wrapped salad meals will replace salad bars.
- Food Service staff will wear face coverings and gloves while preparing and serving food.
- Cashiers will be wearing face shields, face coverings and gloves.
Parkway Food Service is working on a contactless system for ringing the student's meals and ala carte items.
It is important that any family that believes they would qualify for free or reduced meal benefits still apply for them to make sure they have the grace period available for next school year's application process. Families can apply here.
Schools and parents are encouraged to find safe ways to celebrate events and accomplishments without food. Please do not send food to school for sharing class wide.
Students may still bring healthy snacks for their own consumption. If you would like more information about the new policy, click here.
Thank you for your understanding as we strive to make our schools safer places for all students to learn.