Important Class of 2022 Information
Be watching for information in August on how to purchase parking passes for the 2020-2021 school year!! We are working with the district to get all documents and payment online.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR JUNIOR GRADUATION CHECKLIST:
- Create a preliminary list of colleges/tech schools.
- Naviance-Student https://connection.naviance.com/fc/signin.php?hsid=pkwywest –OR- from the Parkway West Home Page: Click on “Departments” then ‘Counseling’ and then ‘Family Connection.’ If you can’t remember your log in information, choose ‘I’m a guest.’ The guest password is ‘longhorns.’
- Take advantage of this resource as you research and apply to schools.
- Meet with college reps that visit WEST.
- Financial Aid Night. The event typically takes place late September/early October at WEST and includes presentations on the highly selective admission process and financial aid.
- Attend college fairs and receptions whenever possible.
- Register for PSAT (optional).
- Maintain your grades! Keep working hard and keep taking challenging courses.
- Build Your Resume. Remember to get involved in extracurricular activities, community service, and leadership opportunities.
- Take the ACT at West in April (required). Spend time preparing for the exam and take advantage of practice tests!! In fact, you can access two free, full-length ACT exams through your Naviance Family Connection account!!
- ACT (actstudent.org) Some colleges require the writing section and others will accept it in place of SAT Subject Tests. It is in your best interest to take the ACT test with writing just to be safe!
- SAT Subject Tests. These tests are subject-specific.
- NCAA-Bound Athletes. Complete the online NCAA Eligibility Center registration.
- Visit campuses!
- Develop your senior schedule in January with your grade-level counselor. Colleges do consider the extent to which you have pursued courses that challenge you.