Pillar of Parkway
What is a Pillar of Parkway?
A Pillar of Parkway is someone who:
- has made a long-term commitment to Parkway (5 years of service minimum is suggested)
- demonstrates consistent leadership and exceptional performance
- motivates and inspires others
- goes far beyond what is expected in their role
- exemplifies the ideals of their role
- is an active and positive role model
- has vision beyond the immediate
- has provided extraordinary service to the Parkway community
Persons eligible for the Pillar Award include:
- classroom teachers
- nonteaching professional staff members and administrators
- citizens and volunteers, such as PTO members, members of other Parkway support groups and residents who have made a significant contribution to the district
- classified (support) personnel, such as transportation, food service, maintenance, custodial, secretarial and clerical employees
(In some cases, it may be appropriate to nominate operations/support staff for a Light of Parkway award, which is specifically designed to recognize operations/support staff. Learn more about the Light of Parkway Award here).
- current Parkway Board of Education members are not eligible
- self-nominations are not eligible
- groups and students are not eligible
- Be as detailed as possible and provide examples.
- Quality counts. One well-written nomination can be more influential than multiple nominations for the same person. If a group is nominating an individual, only one nomination form should be submitted.
- Use a separate form for each person you nominate.
- Nomination forms must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, February 14, 2022.
- Nominations by current students are not eligible.