During the 2021-2022 school year, Parkway Virtual Campus will continue as a full virtual option for families who wish to select a virtual learning expeience as an alternative to in-person learning. Parkway Virtual Campus teachers and staff members will work from a physical Parkway location. The location will be determined once enrollment numbers have been finalized.
Elementary Virtual Campus will operate as a “stand alone” entity and students should expect to be in class with students from other Parkway schools.
Virtual Campus class sizes will mirror in-person class size guidelines.
Parkway Virtual Campus will be primarily synchronous with opportunities built in each day for asynchronous learning and academic support.
The Elementary Virtual Campus students will follow the same daily schedule as the 2020-2021 school year.
Parents of elementary students enrolled in Parkway Virtual Campus are expected to:
- Be ready to provide daily and ongoing guidance, supervision, and motivation for your child.
- Students in grades K-3 students are still developing as learners. Parents/guardians may, at times, need to assist with the learning process (re-reading instructional text, submitting independent assignments, navigating technology, etc.) to support their child’s learning goals. For this reason, Parkway strongly encourages students in the early grades--especially K-1 students--to select an in-person experience.
- Establish a routine for your child. Daily and weekly schedules at home will help students to be successful.
- Check your email daily for important information from your child’s teachers.
- Assist your child(ren) in accessing Schoology daily to access class meeting links, assignments, and resources.
- Ensure your child has a devoted learning space and easy access to learning materials such as textbooks, paper, writing utensils, Chromebook chargers, etc.
- Assist your child in accessing Zoom meetings when necessary.
- As Virtual Campus moves from being a pandemic response to a learning preference for families, our expectations for students having cameras on will increase. Beginning next school year, having cameras on is required except by approval of parent, teacher, and principal.
- Ensure your child is attending all virtual class meetings in their entirety, including breakout rooms. Attendance is taken by the teacher daily.
- Encourage your child to be focused and engaged with what is going on in class and redirect distracting behavior when appropriate.
- Ensure your child uses all school-issued devices appropriately.
- Ensure your child(ren) complete all independent assignments and submit them according to teacher instructions.
- Ensure your child completes assessments independently to accurately represent their learning.
- Communicate with your child’s instructor regularly.
- Coordinate opportunities for additional instruction and academic support for your child when needed.
Contact the Parkway Technology Help Desk for technical support and assistance.