School Material Return and Locker Cleanout
PLEASE NOTE: THE FOLLOWING WAS SENT LAST NIGHT. WE LEARNED THAT 19% OF OUR CONSTITUENTS DID NOT RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE SO THIS IS A RE-SEND WITH ONE CHANGE: STUDENTS WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO WEAR GLOVES TO ENTER THE BUILDING, JUST THE ADULTS WILL HAVE GLOVES.
First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you for your patience as we are navigating this uncertain time. Conducting school while facing a global pandemic was certainly unexpected and a significant challenge for all involved. Speaking for the adults at West High, I can say with 100% certainty that we all miss being in the Longhorn Universe with our students.
With the end of the e-Learning experience and the 2019-20 school year looming, I would like you to stop by school next Thursday, May 21st or Friday, May 22nd at the below times to return school materials (text books, library books, uniforms, and any other school-owned items) and retrieve personal items from your academic and athletic lockers. Please note that all 9th - 11th graders may keep their chrome books until early July in case they choose to attend Parkway virtual summer school.
To ensure the safety of our community as well as to adhere to county governmental and health regulations, please review and adhere to the following plan:
- To avoid building overcrowding, please arrive at West High on the following date and time listed at the end of this message based on the first letter of your last name.
- If you do NOT need to access your locker, but simply need to return materials back to the school ...
- You will park in the baseball field / cafeteria parking lot.
- Note that you must wear a mask and be illness-free to enter the building, and then be expected to maintain all social distancing precautions.
- Then, proceed to the open cafeteria door where you will drop off your books in the cafeteria before exiting the side cafeteria door and returning to your car.
- If you do need to access your academic or athletic locker, and then need to return materials back to the school …
- You will park in the main lot and enter the school through the main or gym foyer.
- Before entering the building, please note that you must wear a mask and be illness-free to enter the building, and then be expected to maintain all social distancing precautions.
- After collecting all school and personal items, you will proceed to the main cafeteria, enter through the main school-side cafeteria entrance before exiting the cafeteria and leaving the building through the exit adjacent to the activities office.
Thursday, May 21st
Letters A - B: 10 -11 AM
Letters C - D: 11 AM - Noon
Letters E - F: Noon - 1 PM
Letters G - H: 1 - 2 PM
Letters I - J: 2 - 3 PM
Letters K - L: 3 - 4 PM
Letters M - N: 4 - 5 PM
Friday, May 22nd
Letters O - P: 10 -11 AM
Letters Q - R: 11 AM - Noon
Letter S: Noon - 1 PM
Letter T: 1 - 2 PM
Letters U - W: 2 - 3 PM
Letters X - Z: 3 - 4 PM
Can't attend at your scheduled above time: 4 - 5 PM
If you are unable to make the above allotted dates or times, please email me at jmitchell@parkwayschools.
Thanks for reading and hope to see you next Thursday or Friday!!!