Departments on the move
This summer is a busy time at the Parkway Instructional Services Center (ISC) as we begin construction to renovate ISC into the McKelvey Primary School.
Many employees and departments who call ISC home are on the move this summer and over the next year.
- TLA (Curriculum, Assessment, Talent Development, and Customized Learning) has moved out of ISC and are temporarily housed at North High right now. At the end of June, all of TLA will move to leased office space at 999 Executive Parkway, 63141.
- The Student Services department will remain at ISC throughout the summer. Student Services employees who are not part of the Welcome Center will move to a renovated area inside South Middle at the end of the summer.
- Student Services employees who are part of the family Welcome Center (registration, transcripts, student records, pupil personnel and diversity) will remain at ISC until the new Welcome Center, an addition at South Middle, is constructed at the end of next year.
- Preschool classes located at ISC will remain there throughout construction.
- Alternative Discipline Center and Missouri Options personnel have relocated to the Community Learning Center adjacent to Fern Ridge.
As you may remember, the McKelvey Primary School and new Welcome Center renovations are funded by voter approval of the 2018 bond issue to address significant overcrowding at McKelvey Elementary. The plan is for McKelvey Primary School to open in the fall of 2020 for Kindergarten families and in the fall of 2021 to become a K-1 school serving the McKelvey community.