Important update from Dr. Marty
I wanted to share this important update with you first. Based on ongoing guidance from our health professionals, and after careful consideration, Parkway and all school districts in St. Louis County have decided to continue with eLearning for the remainder of the school year.
- As a reminder, all Parkway employees (full-time and part-time) who receive a regular paycheck will continue to be paid for their regularly scheduled hours until further notice.
- Employees will have the option to work from home until further notice if they are able to complete necessary tasks remotely. Your supervisor can provide you with additional direction regarding expectations.
- Staff will be expected to check Parkway Schools email regularly from home for important updates, and respond as needed to continue operations.
- Please bookmark Inside Parkway parkwayschools.net/Page/96 and our community website at parkwayschools.net/updates for the latest information. Important updates will also be sent via phone and text message.
- All school buildings and district offices remain closed. Do not report to your building or school unless directed by your supervisor.
- Please be aware that additional tasks outside of your normal responsibilities may be assigned, to meet the immediate needs of this unique situation.
- Most importantly, do not come to work under any circumstances if you are sick. If you have had contact with someone who is sick, please refer to the CDC guidelines and contact your supervisor. CDC COVID-19 Fact Sheet
Below is a list of questions and answers to address changes that will take place in the coming days. We are realistic that this could change and will continue to communicate with you regularly.
Workforce Information for Hourly Employees
At the end of each week, your supervisor will complete your timesheet during this closure.
AESOP Information for Instructional Employees
Substitutes have been canceled for planned absences. If you are on an extended leave your long term substitute may be providing instruction to your students. Please talk with your supervisor regarding plans.
- Employees who have COVID-19 symptoms or are exposed to someone with symptoms will not be required to use regularly accrued sick time or paid time off. Hourly staff should contact Lisa Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 314-415-8022 and she will enter this absence for you. Instructional staff should contact Suzanne Osredker at email@example.com or leave a message at 314-415-8023 and she will log your absence for you.
- Staff will not be expected to work if they are ill.
- Employees who have scheduled vacation time should still log those requests as vacation days in WorkForce. A vacation day is a day when you will not be answering emails, responding to phone calls, and/or working from home or working in the office.
- You must contact your supervisor before canceling paid leave time that has already been approved. Employees who are canceling paid leave must be available to work if requested.
If you need access to technology in order to work at home, please notify your supervisor.
Employee Benefits: COVID-19 Coverage: Click here for more information.
All buildings remain closed and access is restricted. This restricted access is to protect the health and safety of all employees and will allow for continuity of operation. Building access will be monitored and strictly enforced.
Self Care and Employee Resources
We understand this is a stressful time, and encourage you to take a few moments each day to focus on your own health and wellbeing. Connect with friends and family members, and remember that all employees also have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which can be located here: https://www.parkwayschools.
- Manage Stress https://www.cdc.gov/
- Helping Children Cope: https://www.cdc.gov/
- Calm meditation and relaxation app - A 30-day free trial at www.calm.com
We are all dealing with an extremely unique circumstance and I know there are many questions. Please be patient as we work through these details and find the best path to supporting our students, families, and staff. Thank you for all you are doing to support our students and each other by providing the best sense of normalcy as possible and looking out for one another.