Work hard, aim high, do what's right!
- Enrollment: 468
- Perfect Score on Missouri Annual Performance Review, 100%
- CEP Promising Practices National Award recipient
- Missouri State School of Character
- The teacher's average years of experience is 12.3.
- 76% of teachers have a Master's Degree or higher
- School Mascot: Cougar
- School Colors: Blue and Yellow
- School Logo: Paw Print
Parkway School District Mission
The mission of the Parkway School District is to ensure all students are capable, curious, and confident learners who understand and respond to the challenges of an ever-changing world.
Our school achieves excellence through hard work, caring relationships, and positive thinking.
Work hard, aim high, do what’s right!
At Carman Trails, we believe that all children need safety, a sense of belonging, and the experience of contributing in order to be successful is school and life. We infuse our core values throughout our day in the classroom and through school activities, events, and programs. Below are some examples:
- Core Values: Respect, Responsibility, Kindness, Integrity, Perseverance
- School-wide Universal Norms for Behavior
- Student Involvement and Leadership
- Service Learning Projects
- Morning Meetings
- High Five Friday
- Kindness is Contagious
Professional Learning Communities
Carman Trails Elementary is a collaborative culture with a focus on learning for all and is committed to continuous improvement. Our teachers are organized into Collaborative Learning Teams composed of teachers who work interdependently to achieve common goals linked to the purpose of learning for all. We assess often and meet regularly to focus on student results and adjust instruction.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Parkway Standards:
- Reading, writing, math, science, social studies, vocal music, PE, art, library, strings music (3-5).
- Differentiated teaching methods
- Technology in classrooms
- Rich reading libraries in classrooms
- Assessment and progress monitoring
Additional Programs and Services
- Gifted and Enrichment
- English as a Second Language
- Reading Intervention Specialists
- Counseling Services
- Social Events
- Classroom readers and instructional guests