Parent Teacher Conference Information from Dr. Cicotte
Parent-Teacher Conferences and Progress Reports are going to look a little different this year for many reasons. Elementary is usually on a trimester schedule for grading purposes. The elementary progress report will only be completed at the end of 2nd and 4th quarter this year. After the first quarter is complete, parents will receive a report sharing their child(ren)’s progress on district assessments. Parents will receive more information from Parkway about those reports.
Our parent-teacher conferences will be held virtually the week of September 28th. These will be different from what you are used to. Yes, our teachers are collecting data on your children, but not to the extent of what they are able to do when school is “normal”. We also started school later this year and conferences are earlier than usual. This conference time will be more of a conversation between the parent and the teacher. The teachers know your children based on a virtual learning environment and will want to learn more about the students from the parent's perspective. Below are some of the topics that may be discussed during the conference time with your child's teacher.
- Level of work being completed independently
- Parent input and questions
As you come together with the learning expert, your child’s teacher, my hope is that bridges are being built between home and school and that open communication will continue throughout the school year.
In the best interest of our children,
- Click on the teacher's name
- Find one available 15 minute time slot that will work for your conference - Click the "sign up" button that corresponds with that time
- Click the "Submit and Sign Up" button at the bottom of the page
- On the next page, please fill in your student's name in the "My Comment" box
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address below your selected time (You are not required to create an account)
- Click "Sign Up" at the bottom of the page to complete the process
- You should receive a reminder email 2 days before your conference
- If you have multiple students attending Shenandoah, or would like to sign up to talk with one of the specials teachers, please repeat the above process for each teacher
MOSAICS - Mrs. Francois' Fall Conference Sign Up
Library - Mrs. Wager’s Fall Conferences
Music - Mr. Augustin’s Fall Conferences
Reading - Please contact Mrs. Brown directly at email@example.com to schedule a conference
Nurse - Nurse Webb’s Fall Conferences