The Parent Weekly ROAR
River Bend Elementary School
A Leader in Me School
Welcome to Leader Paradise!
May 17, 2019
Flipping for Celebrations!
Thanks to Jennifer Quinn and PTO for providing teachers with an awesome nacho bar for Teacher Appreciation Week! I've learned over the years there are two things that make teachers really happy: jeans and food!!
Thank you Lynette Black, Karin O'Brien, Jinea Meyer, Jim Kaiser, and Adrienne Grimsley for representing our parents on the panel for the Leader in Me Lighthouse Certification Review.
Congratulations to Tammy Davis and Kathy Mitulski on the high school graduations of LeAnne from Parkway Central and Sarah from Parkway North.
Thank you to Jennifer Quinn for making 5 trips to Sam's this week to get the food for Field Day. Thank you to Sydney Smith for coordinating all of the volunteers. You all were amazing!
The yearbook looks amazing! Angelique Zackery and Katy Wolff were the parents that took on this huge task.
Diving into the Week
Monday, May 20, 2019 (A Day)
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 (B Day)
- 5th Grade Field Trip to Bowlero
- 4th Grade Famous Missourians Wax Museum
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 (C Day)
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast-8:15 AM
- Yearbook Distribution Day
- 5th Grade Picnic-1:00-3:00 PM
- 5th Grade Celebration-6:30 PM
Thursday, May 23, 2019 (D Day)
- 10K Pencils School-Wide Service Learning Project-all day
Friday, May 24, 2019
- End of Year Assembly-10:30 AM
Surfing for More Information
PTO: We had some new faces join our meeting Monday and we were so excited. It was determined that we need some feedback and input about what to plan for next year. Please complete this survey. We would love to have your voice!
Leader in Me Lighthouse Certification Review: This went REALLY well. We should be notified in the next two weeks if we earned the national recognition. I am sharing the feedback with you that the reviewers gave us in our debrief session.
10K Pencils Service Learning Project: This is a school-wide service day. If you did not return your child's permission slip for donating their backpack, please open the 10K attachment, print, sign, and send back to school. Thank you.
May 24: This is the last day of school. It is 1:00 PM dismissal. There are no lunches served that day. Students may bring a peanut free snack.
- Ms. Fortmann will join the staff at Highcroft Ridge next year.
- Brooke Griffin will become a full time counselor at Green Trails. Eleni Antrobous will join us as the new .5 counselor.
- Jennifer Young will be a Mosaics teacher at Claymont Elementary. We have Shalyn Desloge joining us in 4th grade.
- Alicia Bont will moving to Parkway Central High School to lead their orchestra program. We have not yet filled her position.
Buzz Book: If you would like an electronic copy of the Buzz Book, please contact the front office.
Sharpen the Saw
And have a great weekend!
-Jaime and Alicia