Student work permits may be obtained in Mrs. Lowenstein’s office (room 2008) at Parkway West High School, or online by visiting the Department of Labor website at:
Scroll about halfway down the page and click on “Download School Year (or Summer) Work Certificate”.
- Complete Section A online, then print out the form. Do not sign the form yet!
- Have the student’s potential employer complete Section B.
- Student and parent must take the completed (unsigned!) form, along with a proof of student’s age (birth certificate or other documentation) to Parkway West High School. Ask to see Mrs. Lowenstein in Dr. Mitchell’s office.
- If the student does not attend a Parkway school, please make sure to bring the student’s birth certificate and the current grade report from the school he/she is attending.
- Mrs. Lowenstein will complete Section C of the form, witness the signatures, and will then fax the completed form to the Department of Labor & Industrial Relations.
- The original form will be returned to the student to give to the student’s employer.