Online Safety and Security
During this time, we know our students might be spending more time on their devices than in the past. Managing their safety can be very challenging. Here is a list of resources that can assist parents in navigating the online world with their children.
Chromebook Care and Maintenance
As we continue to support eLearning, we would like to share some points on Chromebook care to help keep your devices in good functioning health. Below are some suggestions that will help ensure that your device will continue to function properly.
- Reboot your Chromebook every two days to keep the operating system intact and to install any new updates.
- Clean your Chromebook screen and keyboard with a dampened soft cloth, like a microfiber cloth. A mixture of half vinegar and half water works very well in cleaning Chromebooks.
- Do not set anything on top of your Chromebook.
- Keep all beverages at a 3ft to 4ft distance from your Chromebook.
- Place your Chromebook on a sturdy, solid, level surface when in use. When not in use, place the Chromebook in a secure location.
- Be sure to plug the charger in your Chromebook on a nightly basis. Only use the charger designed for your Chromebook. Other chargers may fit the power port but there is a possibility they could damage the system board or the battery.
- When carrying your Chromebook, be sure to hold it securely with the lid closed. Place it carefully on a level surface. Please refrain from tossing or throwing Chromebooks.
- Chromebooks should remain free of any writing, drawing, or stickers.
- Make sure your Chromebook keyboard is free of objects before closing the lid.
Additionally, our Technology Help Desk is here for you to troubleshoot any issues you are having with your district provided equipment. If there is an immediate need to replace or repair a Chromebook, please contact the Technology Help Desk at 314-415-8181, option 1.