The Middle School Virtual Campus will mirror the in-person 2022-2023 bell schedule. Classes begin at 8:20 am and conclude at 3:15 pm.
Block schedule class periods will be comprised of:
- 50 minutes live instruction
- 33-35 minutes asynchronous independent, and small group work
- Advisory timel.
Traditional schedule class periods will be comprised of:
- 20-30 minutes live instruction
- 15-25 minutes asynchronous independent, and small group work
Attendance for Parkway Virtual Campus will be taken daily and students are expected to attend all scheduled class sessions and teacher requested help sessions.
Successful Parkway Virtual Campus students will:
- Monitor Parkway email and Schoology assignments daily.
- Develop a routine that allows students to attend class, complete assignments on time and progress in their learning.
- Follow guidance and expectations from teachers and advocate for themselves when they need additional support.
- Have positive interactions through online learning through a supportive home and school partnership.
Are you interested in learning more about the online platforms that Parkway is using with students during distance and virtual learning?
Parent University is a course created in Schoology, our district Learning Management System, that has information about Schoology, Google for Education, videoconferencing, and digital citizenship. Within the course you will find information that will help you understand the tools students use as well as opportunities for you to experience the tools from the student perspective. The goal of the course is to support you in feeling confident that you can help your child(ren) with online learning in Parkway. While you are welcome to explore the materials in any order, it would be beneficial to work through the Schoology folder first to learn how to interact with tools you will encounter in other folders. Follow these directions to enroll in the Parkway Parent University Schoology Course! Be sure to scroll down to page 2.
Parent U for Schoology
This YouTube playlist provides families and students with learning videos from toggling between tabs, creating a perfect learning environment in your home, and supporting your child at home.
Digital citizenship refers to the responsible use of technology by anyone who uses a computer, the Internet, and digital devices to engage with society on any level. As school moves online, teaching digital citizenship has never been more important. Here are some resources
to help model and help your child to be a good online citizen.
Parent Resources for Learning at Home
This site consists of detailed explanations of different features and tools, along with step-by-step walkthroughs.
Parkway Technology Help Desk
Use this website
to find information on how to resolve quick and simple technical issues.