About Claymont PTO
Creating deep connections with Claymont
Claymont PTO is a volunteer-led group of parents, teachers and staff who work together for Claymont students. As a Claymont parent or caregiver, you are automatically a member and invited to all PTO general meetings.
What we do
- Learning programs – “arts partners” residencies for each grade, Abilities Awareness Day, Red Ribbon Week, Generation-to-Generation, Girls on the Run and the Claymont Chatterbox school paper
- School events – classroom parties, Fun & Fitness Day, Trunk or Treat, Family Movie Night and the annual talent show
- Teacher and staff support – conference day dinners, teacher/staff lounge snacks, holiday gifts and recruiting school volunteers, including room parents and library aides
- Creating connections – staffing and funding our school welcome committee, incoming kindergarten t-shirts, Claymont Spirit Wear sales, and Membership Toolkit directory
- Special projects – school enhancements through designated projects, which have included Chromebooks, a greenspace, basketball hoops, library renovations, AV equipment, “cubby” lockers and more
Board and governance
Claymont PTO is 100% volunteer-driven, governed by a Board of Directors and led by numerous Committees. Learn more about the many ways you can volunteer with PTO.
- Claymont PTO Mission Statement
- Claymont PTO Bylaws
- Claymont PTO Bylaws REVISION 10-2022
- 2022-2023 Claymont PTO Board
- 2022-2023 Committee Chairs
Claymont PTO is also a designated 501c3 nonprofit organization. Eligible purchases made on behalf of the PTO may be tax exempt if you present the Tax Exemption Certificate.
Claymont PTO holds general meetings throughout the school year, and all parents and caregivers are invited to attend. We frequently invite guest speakers to address topics related to child development, such as mental health, online safety and character development. Dr. Burch also provides a school update. Meetings are 6:30-7:30 PM, in-person in the Learning Exchange. View PTO meeting minutes.
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022(Guest speaker: Dr. Nathan Burch)
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022 (Guest speakers: Michael Bertz & Megan Huether - Parkway Citizens Committee)
- Tuesday, December 6, 2022 (Guest speaker: Jason Rooks, Parkway School District Chief Information Officer)
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023 (Guest speaker: TBD)
- Tuesday, April 4, 2023 (Guest Speaker: TBD)
- Tuesday, May 23, 2023 (2023-2024 PTO Board Elections)