Volunteer at Claymont
Use your talent to benefit our kids
Claymont is lucky to receive tremendous volunteer support from dads, moms, grandparents and friends of Claymont—in and outside the school setting. To ensure the safety of our kids, all in-school volunteers must pass a background check and agree to Parkway’s volunteer policies.
We match a diverse set of skills to our volunteer opportunities. So, if you can write, code, teach, build, engineer, sell or create—or if you simply have a gift for corralling energetic kids—we have a job for you! Check Membership Toolkit to see what roles are needed now.
Claymont has incredibly gifted teachers and dedicated staff. PTO partners with school administration to recognize them and offer helping hands for appreciation events and class parties. We also recruit library aides and two “room parents” per classroom. Being a room parent is a great way for you to develop a strong bond with your child’s teacher while collaborating with other parents for two class parties per year, a teacher birthday gift and teacher appreciation week activities.
Are you a room parent? Here are some tools to help:
- 22-23 Teacher wish lists (open pdf file and scroll to respective teacher)
- 22-23 Staff wish lists (open pdf file and scroll to respective staff member)
- Tax exemption certificate
- Reimbursement request form
More ways to volunteer
Here’s just a snapshot of other ways to volunteer at Claymont. We need both committees and on-the-ground support for:
- School community-building – Kindergarten/new student welcome, the Claymont Chatterbox Newspaper, picture day and yearbook
- Learning and development – Arts Partners, Abilities Awareness, Fun & Fitness, Generation to Generation, Girls on the Run, FACT-astic Math, Red Ribbon Week, Hour of Code and Junior Achievement, to name a few
- Events and fun – Trunk or Treat, Family Night, Trivia Night, Cardinals Night, Fifth Grade Celebration, Talent Show, Multicultural Night and STEM Night