The Academies at Central Middle: Empower
Students in the EMPOWER Academy will become increasingly self-directed in their learning while becoming more actively involved in decisions pertaining to their education.
The Empower Academy is designed to:
- Empower students to know themselves as learners.
- Gradually increase student ownership of their own learning.
- Provide opportunities for student voice and choice.
- Grow student independence and active participation in academic and social decisions.
- Increase student engagement through authentic, real-world connections.
Key Idea 1: Learner Profiles
Students are empowered to learn how to be their best by understanding their strengths and areas of growth as a learner.
Key Idea 2: Student Goal Setting
Students are empowered to set and achieve high academic and social goals.
Key Idea 3: Real-World Connections
Students are empowered to demonstrate learning through real-world problem-solving and applications.
Key Idea 4: Gradual Release of Ownership and Increased Voice and Choice
Students are empowered to take a steadily increasing amount of control over their learning.
The empower academy
5 Questions That COULD Describe An EMPOWER Student:
- Do you see yourself becoming increasingly self-directed as a learner?
- Do you wish to gain increased ownership over how you learn?
- Do you want to know yourself better as a learner?
- Do you want to find authentic ways to connect your learning to real-world situations?
- Do you wish to have increased voice and choice in your learning?