Light of Parkway Awards
Note: The 2018 application period is closed. The next application period will open in January 2019.
The Parkway Alumni Association Light of Parkway Award was created to recognize Parkway operations staff members who have helped to create a positive and caring environment for the people they serve in Parkway.
The award honors the memory of Sandy Finch, a former Parkway bus driver known for her exceptionally upbeat attitude and helpful interactions with staff members, students and parents.
The 2017 LOPA winners are: Bob Grisham, Electrician, Facilities-Warehouse; Sandy Braden, Administrative Secretary, ISC; Alexis Newsome, Principal's Secretary, Southwest Middle; Andre Sloan, Custodian, North High; Joyce Weis, Principal's Secretary, West High.
The awards are supported by the Sandy Finch Light of Parkway Fund.
About the Award
Each year, up to five operations staff members will be selected to receive the award. Nominees will be evaluated on how well they have demonstrated Sandy Finch’s principles for living. Those principles are:
- Show respect to others;
- Show joy in your job;
- Laugh with each other;
- Smile more;
- “Be the miracle for someone else each day.”
Winners receive a plaque and $500 from the Parkway Alumni Association during Appreciation Evening each spring.
Nominations must be received by the Parkway Alumni Association by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 13. Nominations can be mailed to the Parkway Alumni Association at 455 N. Woods Mill Road, Chesterfield, MO 63017.
Requirements for nominee:
- Must be employed (including Special School District and VST Bus Drivers) to work full-time or part-time on a regular basis to serve Parkway School District students;
- Must have been employed on or prior to July 1, 2016; and
- Must have demonstrated Sandy Finch’s five principles for living (as stated above), as well as outstanding commitment and service to Parkway.
These individuals are not eligible to receive the Light of Parkway Award:
- Certified teachers, librarians and counselors;
- Administrators and supervisors;
- Parents, community members and volunteers.