Information We Gather from You
If you are simply browsing our site, we do not gather any personal information about you. We do not collect any personal information from a visitor to our site unless that visitor explicitly and intentionally provides it. All personal contact information collected is for official PAA use. Individual class contact information can be shared with alumni who are planning reunions. Those individuals must first sign a written agreement stating that the information will not be shared or used for any purpose other than planning the class reunion. In addition, each individual has the choice to list their information as “private” so that it will not be shared with reunion planners, and then only used by the PAA to send alumni news and event information.
A. Statistical Information
When you visit our site, our computers may automatically collect statistics about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. We may monitor statistics such as how many people visit our site, the user's IP address, which pages people visit on our site, from which domains our visitors reach our site, and which browsers people use. We use these statistics about your visit for aggregation purposes only. These statistics are used to help us improve the performance of our wesite.
B. Personal Information
There are several ways in which you may explicitly and intentionally provide us with and consent to our collection of certain personal information:
- Contact email form - We use links throughout our site to provide you with the opportunity to contact us via email to ask questions, request information, or provide comments and suggestions. In this instance, the page from which you accessed the email form and your IP address may be collected.
- Update your information tab - Users may update their contact information with the PAA by clicking on the “Update” tab and providing information such as your email address, name, home or work address or telephone number. This information will be used for the purpose of sharing reunion news and PAA news and upcoming events.
- Online newsletters - You have the ability to register to receive online newsletters from the PAA by providing your email address.
- To process transactions and donations – Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason without your consent, other than the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service paid for by you.
- Special online surveys or comment applications - We may ask for your name, address, telephone number, email address, and/or another form of identification in order to follow up on your questions or comments.
How We Use and With Whom We Share the Information We Gather
The information we gather from you is used by us only as explained below.
A. Sending You Responses and Updates
- We generally respond to any email questions, requests for services, and other inquiries that we receive. We may also retain this correspondence to improve our services, and website, and for other disclosed purposes. We may retain contact information so that we can send individual updates or other important information.
B. If We Are Required to Disclose by Law
- Under certain circumstances we may be required by law to disclose certain information to law enforcement authorities. Suspicious email, electronic threats, and any information needed to determine illegal activity or a threat to the website’s security will be provided to the appropriate authority.
- From time to time we may request information from users via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use of, and satisfaction with this website, and improving our services. Some surveys are anonymous. If your personal information is collected with your survey response, that will be disclosed with the survey.
D. Third Party Links
The content of PAA Web pages is copyrighted, and contains some third party images/graphics that are used with permission. Users are notified, therefore, that one should presume the need to obtain permission from the copyright holder before reproducing or otherwise using images/graphics from this website.
Changes to this Privacy Statement