The A+ Program is a program funded by the state of Missouri to provide scholarship funds to eligible graduates of A+ designated high schools, including Parkway West High School, who attend a participating public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools.
To be eligible for A+ Program monies, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Enter into a written agreement with your high school prior to graduation.
- Complete Tutoring/Mentoring/Community Service Training and submit Certificate of Completion.
- Attend a designated A+ high school for 3 consecutive years immediately prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
- Perform at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring, of which up to 25% may include job shadowing.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam or a higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics.
Registering for the A+ Program
- If you are interested, please complete this Google form: https://forms.gle/
- After completing this initial interest form, all other necessary forms will be sent to you.
- To view a list of participating two-year and technical colleges, click HERE.
- To view a list of participating four-year colleges, click HERE.
If you have any questions about the A+ Program, please e-mail Jeff Duncan (firstname.lastname@example.org).