Course Registration is now open!
The PCH Business department offers a variety of courses to challenge you and prepare you for your next step, whether that's a four-year university, two-year college, the work force, or the military. Click here to explore our online course guide, or consult the school-wide course guide for more information.
We also offer experiential learning opportunities for students who want hands-on learning! These include
- The Colt Cafe, our student-run coffee shop
- The Video Board, our athletic board management team and
- Business Internship, our multifaceted work experience program
For more information, contact a Business Department staff member.
Business Department Staff
Kim Carr* 314.415.7971 Sarah Lueken 314.415.5924 Cassandra Maloney 314.415.7997 Mary Piening 314.415.5864 Karen Schwent 314.415.7950 Julie Weindel 314.415.7922
In addition to offering relevant and rigorous courses, there are many opportunities for students to get involved outside of class.
Our student organizations include
- The Coding Colts, our computer science club
- DECA, our marketing club
- FBLA, our business club and
- NBHS, our honor society
The Colt Cafe
The Colt Cafe is the student-run coffee shop of PCH!
Business interns manage the cafe throughout the year. The managers order products, set pricing, promote the cafe, schedule the workers, report the income, and gain work experience while here at school!
The seniors managers earned their internship experience by successfully completing other business courses, and being recommended by their business teachers.
The shifts are worked by students in business classes along with FBLA members. To sign up to work a shift, or to find out more information, explore the links below.
The Colt Cafe 2018-2019 Management Team
Finance Department: Molly Weinberg, Accountant
Operations Manager: Olamide Ayeni, YuTing Shi
Marketing Department: Sandi Chasnoff, Zoe Hahn, Erin Smith
Staff Manager: Carla Minor, Caroline Sullivan
The Colt Café
The Colt Café will be awarding 2-3 $300 scholarships to seniors who have contributed to the operations of the Colt Café during the school year. To apply, please submit a typed essay with 1000 words or less to email@example.com by midnight on April 22, 2019. In your essay, please address the following:
- Your contributions to the Colt Café throughout the year(s). Please discuss the length of service along with your management role and initiatives.
- The influence the business, marketing, and technology courses had on your leadership abilities and skills as they relate to the management of the Colt Café.
- The impact the Colt Café experience has had on achievement of your future career goals.
- Improvements that you suggest to make it a better experience for future business students.
The scholarship recipients will be notified via email. Scholarship checks should be received by August 1, 2019.