National Art Honor Society (NAHS)
NAHS is a service organization, providing assistance to the school, the Art Department and the community. Last year we participated in Beautification Day, carved pumpkins for department offices, created found object flowers and displayed them throughout the school, painted display cubes for the department, assited in the set up and take down of art shows and created a mosaic mural at the Parkway Transportation Building.
In the past we have done art projects with the preschool children, worked with the middle school kids and decorated a nursing home or hospital for holidays, done face painting at elementary school parties. Think about what you want to do.
What is expected of members?
- To attend meetings and be on time for them.
- Participate in at least 10 hours of our activities.
- Show up for the activities you sign up for.
Criteria for Membership:
- Membership in this organization shall be based on academic and visual scholarship, service, and character.
- To be eligible for selection to membership in this chapter, the candidate must havecompleted at least 4 semester courses in visual art at this or another high school.
- Candidates must be junior or senior students whose scholastic GPA is at least 3.2 and whose visual art GPA is at least 3.7.
- Members must complete a minimum of 10 service hours each ear to be inducted, retain membership and earn tassel.
- A yearly membership fee of $8.00 per member must be paid in the fall semester and will be forwarded to the NAHS office at National Headquarters.
- If, at the time of graduation, an active member of NAHS is enrolled in at least 1 art class during the senior year and has completed the required service hours, that member may purchase an NAHS tassel to be worn at graduation.
A list of eligible applicants will be reviewed by the faculty, whose character recommendations will be taken into consideration.