Closings & Emergencies
Parkway Connect is our automated communications system for general information, announcements, school closings, snow days and emergency messages. You can set your own delivery preferences for school and district messages inside the Parkway mobile app.
How do I download the Parkway Schools mobile app?
Download the Parkway Schools mobile app on Apple App Store here. Download the Parkway Schools mobile app on Google Play here.
How do I update my contact information? Login to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal here or update your settings in the Infinite Campus Parent app.
How to set my preferences for how I want to be contacted?
Don’t want all of your phones to ring at once on a snow day? Tell us how you want to be contacted!
Login to the Parkway mobile app, click your name/photo and then click "Edit Delivery Preferences." Under "Other" choose the phone number or numbers you want us to call (on snow days for example), and/or where you would like to receive a text message or email. You can turn all or some of them off. The preferences you choose here will apply to all district messages and also messages from your school/building.
Other Sources for School Closings and Emergencies
School closing information is also provided to all local TV and radio media outlets who report closings. Closings will also be announced on Parkway’s website at www.parkwayschools.net. Closings are also posted on Parkway’s mobile app, as well as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Child Care During Closings
If Parkway is closed for a snow day, Adventure Club will not be open. If Parkway is on a snow schedule (2-hour delayed start) due to severe weather, Adventure Club will not provide child care before school. After school care will be open.
A 2-hour late start, or snow schedule, can be called to allow time for road conditions or weather to improve. A snow schedule is the same as a 2-hour late start. On a snow schedule, all schools open two hours later than normal. Bus stop pick up times are 2 hours later. Employees report to school 2 hours later than usual.
In the event of a snow schedule, Adventure Club is closed in the morning, but after-school care is open under the normal schedule. Schools dismiss at normal times and after-school activities and Community Education classes are held as usual.
The 2-hour late start applies to both in-person and virtual students.
Virtual Snow Days
In-person classes may be canceled due to inclement weather or other emergencies. If we use three snow days this year, the fourth day would be a virtual learning day
Here’s what a virtual snow day would look like:
- Students in elementary school will participate in asynchronous activities and assignments on virtual snow days. Classroom assignments will be posted by 9 a.m.
- Elementary students will have the option to join their teachers virtually for two hours if they need additional help or support with their assignments.
- Classroom teachers will be virtual from 9-10 a.m. and 1-2 p.m.
- Specials teachers (art, music, strings and physical education), librarians, reading and math specialists, special educators will be virtual from 10-11 a.m. and noon-1 p.m.
- EL, reading, math support specialists, special educators and librarians will be available from 10-11 a.m. and 12-1 p.m. virtually and will respond to student questions/needs via email.
Middle and High School
- Students in middle or high school will follow a two-hour late start schedule on a virtual snow day.
- The class schedule will follow the school calendar. For example, if all classes were to meet, they will attend all classes, etc.
- Teachers will meet students virtually at the start of each class period, take attendance and inform students of the learning plan for that day based on the needs of that particular class.
- If the learning plan for the day calls for asynchronous learning, teachers will remain available during that class period and email at other times to support student needs.
- The Help Desk is open from 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and can be reached at (314) 415-8181 or email@example.com.