Privacy is of great concern to most users of the Internet, and is a critical part of an enjoyable and satisfactory user experience. To help you guard your privacy, we are providing this statement of our online information practices.
- Information We Gather from You
If you are simply browsing our site, we do not gather any personal information about you. We do not collect any personal information from a visitor to our site unless that visitor explicitly and intentionally provides it.
- Statistical Information
When you visit our site, our computers may automatically collect statistics about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. We may monitor statistics such as how many people visit our site, the user's IP address, which pages people visit on our site, from which domains our visitors reach our site, and which browsers people use. We use these statistics about your visit for aggregation purposes only. These statistics are used to help us improve the performance of our web site.
- Personal Information
There are several ways in which you may explicitly and intentionally provide us with and consent to our collection of certain personal information:
- Contact E-mail form - We use links throughout our site to provide you with the opportunity to contact us via E-mail to ask questions, request information, or provide comments and suggestions. In this instance, the page from which you accessed the E-mail form and your IP address may be collected.
- Online newsletters - You have the ability to register to receive online newsletters from some schools or the district online newsletter, Parkway Today Online by providing your E-mail address.
- Special online surveys or comment applications - We may ask for your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and/or another form of identification in order to follow up on your questions or comments.
- How We Use and With Whom We Share the Information We Gather
The information we gather from you is used by us only as explained below.
- Sending You Responses and Updates
We generally respond to any e-mail questions, requests for services, and other inquiries that we receive. We may also retain this correspondence to improve our services, and web site, and for other disclosed purposes. We may retain contact information so that we can send individual updates or other important information.
- If We Are Required to Disclose by Law
Under certain circumstances we may be required by law to disclose certain information to law enforcement authorities. Suspicious e-mail, electronic threats, and any information needed to determine illegal activity or a threat to the web site’s security will be provided to the appropriate authority.
From time to time we may request information from users via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use of, and satisfaction with this website, and improving our services.
- Third Party Links
- Intellectual Property
The content of Parkway School District web pages is copyrighted, and contains some third party images/graphics that are used with permission. Users are notified, therefore, that one should presume the need to obtain permission from the copyright holder before reproducing or otherwise using images/graphics from this website.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
Parkway School District may change this policy from time to time, and reserves the right to do so without notice.