A Plus Schools Program
This program provides scholarship funds to eligible graduates of A+ designated high schools who attend a participating public community college or career/technical school. There are also a number of private institutions that provide scholarships for students who are A+ eligible upon graduation.
To Be Eligible for Assistance, You Must Meet the Following Requirements:
- Enter into a written agreement with the high school prior to graduation.
- Attend a designated school for three consecutive years immediately prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (unweighted).
- Have an overall attendance rate of at least 95 percent for grades 9-12.
- Perform 50 hours of district-supervised, unpaid tutoring/mentoring, community service or job shadowing.
- Make a good faith effort to first secure all available federal financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that does not require repayment.
- Register with the Selective Service, if required to do so.
- Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, achieve a score of proficient or advanced on the official Algebra I end of course exam, or complete the first semester at a postsecondary institution with a minimum of twelve (12) hours or the equivalent and a two and one-half (2.5) grade point average prior to receiving A+ tuition reimbursement.