Greetings Parkway Families!
During summer school, we recognize our responsibility to focus on both student academic needs and student enrichment opportunities during the summer months. For Summer 2022, in-person summer course offerings will focus on academics and remediation, providing reading and math support to children in grades 1-8 and offering credit recovery courses at the high school level. Parkway-Rockwood Community Education will continue to provide high-quality, tuition-based programming for children in grades K-8 that allow students to engage in fun learning activities that encourage creativity, enrichment, and academic growth.
Here are some key changes for 2022:
- Jumpstart to Kindergarten will be offered from June 13-30.
- Welcome to Middle School will be offered as a tuition-based, one-week camp and will be offered multiple times between June 13-30.
- Registration dates vary based on program and grade level.
- Invitations for K-8 remedial programming will be sent out the week of February 8.
- High school course requests will be submitted in Infinite Campus during the high school registration window. Students will be able to request Summer School courses beyond the registration window.
- K-8 enrichment registration will open on March 8 at 11:00 a.m. at https://parkwayschools.ce.eleyo.com/
- All remedial and credit-recovery offerings will be offered in-person.
- All high school credit advancement courses will be offered virtually.
- There is no Summer School on Monday, June 20th in observance of Juneteenth or Monday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day.
We are excited about the line-up for Summer 2022 and encourage our students to participate in high-quality summer learning!
Dr. Jennifer Stanfill, Director of Choice Programs