Board of Education
In the interest of health and safety for all and until further notice, all meetings will be held via an online format. Meetings begin at 7 p.m., unless otherwise specified. To watch the meeting click here. Additionally, the meetings will be recorded and posted on the Parkway website within 24 hours of the meeting.
Minutes and Agendas
Agendas for the regular meetings are available online Monday prior to the meeting date and at the meeting. Regular board minutes may be viewed online.
Public Comments during Regular Board Meetings
As outlined in policy BEEH.BP, the Parkway Board of Education will establish a public comment period during each regular board meeting. During the public comment period, any person may address the Board. At each meeting, the board reserves up to 30 minutes on the agenda for public comments. Individuals will be given a three-minute comment period. If more than 10 individuals sign up to speak, the Board President will reduce the amount of time for each comment in order to keep the public comment period to 30 minutes. When a statement has reached the end of the allotted time, the microphone will automatically be muted to provide a transition to the next speaker.
Due to time constraints and the need to complete the primary responsibilities of the meeting agenda, the Board cannot respond to public comments during the meeting. At the Board's discretion, the Board, Superintendent or administrative staff will provide a written response within a reasonable time period.
How do I sign up for a public comment?
In order to ensure those who desire to make a statement to the Board, whether in person or virtually, the following guidelines will be followed:
In-Person Board Meetings - Speakers may sign up by providing their name and subject of the statement on the form available at the entrance of the Board meeting. The sign-up period begins 30 minutes prior to the start of the regular board meeting and closes at the start of the board meeting. Speakers are encouraged to provide the Board with a hard copy of their statement or a short written description of the topic they are addressing. Speakers will be invited to speak in the order they signed up. Those making a statement shall first state their name and group if any, they represent.
Virtual Board Meetings - Speakers may sign up 24 hours prior to the start of the regular board meeting using this link or may contact the Board Secretary. Speaker registration will close two hours prior to the start of the meeting (5:00 p.m.). Speakers will receive a confirmation email, after 5:00 p.m. (the day of the meeting), with a link and/or call-in number to participate remotely. Speakers will be called upon to speak by the President of the Board in the order in which they registered to speak. Those making a statement shall first state their name and the group, if any, they represent.
Open Communications with Board Members
Parkway board members are always available to have an open dialogue with citizens and can be reached by email or phone using the contact information provided on the Parkway website.
- The public comment session during board meetings is not the appropriate forum for addressing individually identifiable student and/or personnel matters. Therefore, due to privacy laws protecting students and employees, comments about these matters should not include personally identifiable information about particular students or employees.
- Members of the public, staff and students are encouraged to utilize established policies and procedures for offering suggestions or addressing concerns and complaints prior to bringing the issue before the board.
- Please be mindful that the meetings of the board, including your statements submitted online, will be broadcast, and you are responsible for any public comments you make.
- If you prefer that your statement not be read aloud, you can also provide a written statement via an email to board members.
- Statements will be expected to maintain civility, and the Board President reserves the right to refuse to read all or portions of the submitted statement if it uses foul or inappropriate language.
Correspondence Sent to Board Members
Correspondence sent to individual board members will be shared with all board members. If a response is requested, the Board President will normally reply on behalf of the board.
The board of education may meet in closed session to discuss those items as designated by law.