AP Program & AP Exams
The AP Program offers college-level courses that you can take in high school, and ultimately earn college credit. AP classes at Central High prepare students to take the AP exam at the end of the school year. Students have the opportunity to take the AP exam that corresponds with an AP course in May - AP Exams are completely optional. Students opt to take AP exams because if they earn a qualifying score, students can earn college credit or placement. AP Credit Policy Search
Parkway Central offers multiple AP courses (see the Course Guide) AP exams are always given the first 2 full weeks in May, at PCH.
Registration for AP Exams is done through students' College Board "MyAP" Account - Sign In to My AP Student Account
*Students must create a College Board account first, and then are able to join AP class sections & register for AP exams
How to input a join code into your AP Student account: AP Student Account Tutorial
To register to take an AP exam, you must
1) Join the AP Classroom for that AP course (obtain join code from your AP teacher or Mrs. Greenwood)
2) REGISTER FOR THE EXAM by Monday, November 6, 2023
3) Pay for your AP Exam(s) through Infinite Campus or in the school store
**If you have approved testing accommodations at PCH through an IEP or 504 and want to apply for accommodations for AP exams, a parent must email Mrs. Greenwood or Mrs. Prange to give permission to release your diagnostic and current accommodations plan to College Board by December 1.**
Exam Fees and Payment:
- Each AP exam is $100.
- Payment will be made ONLINE through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal or by check/credit card in the school store.
- Fees for any AP exam(s) will be added to Infinite Campus once your exam registration has been confirmed in your COLLEGE BOARD Account
- If your family qualifies for Free/Reduced lunch (apply here) and you plan on registering for any AP Exams, please contact Mrs. Greenwood at email@example.com to discuss College Board fee reductions
- Late AP exam registrations are possible with a $40 late registration fee.