Advanced Placement (AP)
***2019 AP Exam scores will release for students in Missouri on July 9, 2019.
2019-20 Important Dates:
- November 1 - registration deadline for semester 1 or yearlong course exams
- March 1 - registration deadline for semester 2 course exams
- May 4 - May 8 (WEEK 1 of AP EXAMS)
- May 11 - May 15 (WEEK 2 of AP EXAMS)
- 2020 AP Exam Schedule with dates and times
- Each exam is $94
- Payment will be made in the school store by November 1 or March 1
- Exams can be paid for with cash, check (made out to Parkway Central) or credit card (must be in person in the school store)
- If your family qualifies for Free/Reduced lunch and you plan on registering for any AP Exams, please contact your counselor ASAP for information on fee reductions
Should I take an AP Exam?
This is a decision that may be easy or may require some individual research. If you or your student knows where they might be applying or attending college, you can search using the link below to see what AP Exam score you would need to earn in order to receive credit, what kind of credit you would receive at a particular school, etc. You do not have to share your AP scores with colleges, but you can potentially earn college credit if you achieve the score that they are looking for:
ALL STUDENTS MUST BRING TO EACH EXAM: photo ID, pencils, a pen with black or dark blue ink, and calculator (for any science or math exams). Backpacks, cell phones, and other electronic devices will not be allowed in the testing rooms, so please plan accordingly.