Below are the steps to take.
- Click your Courses drop-down menu and select My Courses.
- In your list of courses, click the gear icon to the right of the section you consider to be the "master section". If you have materials in both courses, the "master section" is the one that holds the materials and grades you would like to continue to use between the two sections.
- Select Link Existing Sections from the dropdown.
- Select the section(s) to link and click Next.
- As a safeguard against losing grade data for child sections, you must select to download a grade export file for each section being linked. See the "Gradebook File Download when Linking or Unlinking Sections" instructions below for details.
- Select the file type to download.
- Click Download and Next.
- Click Link Sections.
Requirements for linking sections of a course:
- The sections must be within the same course.
- The sections must be associated with the same grading period.
- Enrollment must be unique across the linked sections. There cannot be any overlap in the students.
- The sections must have the same Course Admins.
For more information on linking courses, see this Schoology Support Page.