WELLNESS includes our physical healthiness and our social-emotional healthiness.
How do we foster WELLNESS during a pandemic?
- Create and follow healthy daily routines and schedules (and get enough sleep!!).
- Stay engaged in school because your brain is wired to learn!
- Connect with your family, friends, and teachers.
- Ask for help when you need it. (Reach out to your counselor if you are not sure where to start!)
- Find something to be grateful for every day, and EXPRESS the GRATITUDE whenever you can! (A quick "Thank you!" can help someone else's WELLNESS too!)
- Take a deep breath- then another one. This helps your body stay calm and helps your brain re-focus.
- Practice mindfulness by staying in the moment. Try not to worry about the past or the future.
- Control the things you can control, and give up the ownership of the things you can't.
For even more ideas and resources, check out the COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide from the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) website:
We are here for you and would love to chat with you about your wellness!
Your South High Counseling Team