SOUTH SMARTS 2022-2023
Strategies for managing your time and school work
S - SCHEDULE - On Mondays, look at the week ahead. Mark all events in your planner that you already know about (sports practice, work shift, club meeting, family obligations)*
M - MAKE TIME to do your work for each class. Plan to do Red day classes after school on Red days; do Blue day classes after school on Blue days.
A - ACTUALLY DO IT! Sit down, phone down, and do the work assigned for each class. Turn it in on time.
R - REACH OUT to your teachers and resources*. Ask them questions or for clarification. They like to help you! Use SCHOOLOGY to see your teachers' calendars and to find your work after an absence.
T - TAKE A BREAK - After completing your homework, do something good for you that brings you joy!
S - STAY FOCUSED We have semester-long classes, so keep going! classes must be completed by the end of the semester. *Also - Keep up with your email by checking it each day.
- Google Calendar (app on phone or use Chromebook, or both as will sync)
- Paper planner - see your counselor if you need one
- Schoology Calendars
- Infinite Campus app (for your phone)
- "REMIND" app (if your teacher, coach, or sponsor uses it)
- NOTES app on your phone
- Create folders to organize your email