The ACT is a national college admissions examination that consists of subject area tests in English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science. The ACT Plus Writing also includes a 30-minute writing assessment and is required by some colleges for admission.
The Parkway School District provides every junior free of charge the opportunity to complete the ACT Plus Writing Test in the spring of the student's junior year. The South High test will be taken by juniors on Tuesday, April 2, 2019. No registration is required for this test.
Registration for Saturday ACT dates can be completed online at www.actstudent.org
PARKWAY SOUTH SCHOOL CODE: 260 129
PARKWAY SOUTH TEST CENTER CODE: 179 370
ACT TEST DATES Test Dates Regular Registration Late Registration Sept. 8, 2018 Aug. 12, 2018 Aug. 13-26, 2018 Oct. 27, 2018 Sept. 28, 2018 Sept. 29-Oct. 14, 2018 Dec. 8, 2018 Nov. 2, 2018 Nov. 3-19, 2018 Feb. 19, 2019 Jan. 11, 2019 Jan. 12-18, 2019 April 2, 2019 All South High Juniors No registration required April 13, 2019 Mar. 8, 2019 Mar. 9-25, 2019 June 8, 2019 May 3, 2019 May 4-20, 2019 July 13, 2019 June 14, 2019 June 15-24, 2019
Free ACT Test Prep
- Click the following link for Free ACT Classes
- You can also sign up to receive an email weekly with the ACT "Question of the Day" (this requires you to create an Act Profile) → ACT Profile
- The free study guide "Preparing for the ACT Test" can be picked up in the Student Success Center in Counseling.
- Other resources and Practice for Each Subject can be found at ACT's Test Prep site → ACT Test Prep
- Free ACT Test Prep is also available at http://schools.testive.com/parkway-south. You will need to create an account to access this site but it offers free lessons and practice questions for the ACT. This link connects to the free custom page that has been created for Parkway South, so make sure to use the above address (Testive also offers a paid test prep).